On timeslips.org, anyone can read/write/share stories for free.
We also provide Individual and Organizational Training.
Proceeds from trainings support our website and our mission to bring creative engagement to families with dementia wherever they live.
Our training teaches:
- The meaning and value of creative engagement
- An introduction to dementia and person-centered care
- The TimeSlips storytelling process in detail
- Models for sharing the stories with your community
Our training is ideal for:
- Family/friend caregivers
- Professional caregivers (at any level)
- Students (high school through university)
- Education and Programming staff at museums and libraries
Training for Individuals
- Our Online Training take approx 4 hours (stop/start at your convenience).
- Training includes 6 modules, 15 videos, digital Manual, digital Storykit; guidance from a Master Trainer on improving your practice.
- NEW: Now everyone who takes the training has the opportunity to become Certified! (this excludes the Student Discount)
- NOTE: Training must be completed in full and approved by a Master Trainer to receive Certification status. Simply purchasing the training does not guarantee that you will become a Certified Facilitator.
- COST: now through July 1st, Training (including Certification option) is $198 when you use the Discount Code LAUNCH.
Training for Classrooms
- Online Training can be embedded into high school and college courses at a deeply discounted rate.
- We've arranged classroom trainings for a wide range of disciplines, including psychology, theater, medicine, nursing, social work, and recreational and occupational therapy.
- NOTE: Student discount rate does NOT include Certification review by a Master Trainer.
Student Certification is available at an additional (reduced) cost.
CONTACT INFO@TIMESLIPS.ORG to arrange for a Student Discount Code.
Training for Organizations
TimeSlips is an evidence-based program that models person-centered dementia care. Research suggests that embedding TimeSlips in your organization can improve the quality of relationships between staff and residents, and can improve staff attitudes toward people with dementia.
CONTACT US to arrange a training plan for your organization, including:
- Online training for all trainees (includes Manual, Storykit, 6 modules, 15 videos)
- Consulting/Coaching from a TimeSlips Master Trainer
- Planning/hosting your own Celebration of Storytelling
- Creation of a Sustainability Plan
- Organizations that successfully complete the training become a CERTIFIED ORGANIZATION
Certified Organizations are eligible to receive:
- A profile on the TimeSlips website
- Ongoing support from TimeSlips Master Trainers through email correspondence and conference calls
- Ongoing support from other Certified Organizations and Certified Facilitators through conference calls
- Use of the TimeSlips logo
NOTE: Certification is valid for 3 years and can be renewed with review from a Master Trainer.