I Won't Grow Up
TimeSlips is partnering with Signature HealthCARE to bring meaningful engagement to 12 of their rural nursing homes across Kentucky.
Elders, Staff, and Volunteers are working with regional and national artists to boldly reimagine the story of Peter Pan over the course of two-years. The project culminates with original and professionally produced performances at the three "lead" sites across the state, in
- Morgantown Care and Rehab Center: Morgantown (March 23-26);
- Lee County Rehabilitation Center: Beattyville (May 11-14);
- Sunrise Manor: Hodgenville (June 1-4).
Performances are built from collaborative art-making and exploration by elders, volunteers, staff and artists over the past year.
This project is supported with funds from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; and Art Works of the National Endowment for the Arts.
To volunteer to be part of this exciting project, click here and select I Won't Grow Up.
To sponsor this amazing project, contact us here.
View a series of videos about the making of the project here:
- Create/Change Institute, Project Kickoff (Jan. 2018)
- Elders in Lawrenceburg, KY ask "Where would you fly?" (May, 2018)
- "Dreaming and Imagination are the Same Thing," Winchester, KY (July 2018)
- Musical Instruments Inspire Stories, Hodgenville, KY (July, 2018)
- Staff gets Creative Confidence! (Sept 2018)
- Discovering the Path to Wendy's Neverland (Jan 2019)