Beautiful Question Project: Join the Conversation
April 1, 2021
As a part of a collaborative project with the Milwaukee County Division on Aging, we are engaging Milwaukee residents with “Beautiful Questions”.
We are actively reaching out to Milwaukee County elders through a project that invites their responses to selected “Beautiful Questions”. We are distributing these questions through meal-delivery services, as well as through well-check calls. We are encouraging people to share their responses with us via our “Beautiful Questions” voicemail. In June, three Milwaukee-based artists will transform these recordings and ideas into a larger collaborative creative output.
We invite you to share your responses to the questions too, now through the end of May! Whether you are from Milwaukee, or somewhere else, we encourage you to participate. Please call 800-220-1822 x1 to share your responses with us and be sure to let us know where you are calling from! Then three Milwaukee artists will use the responses to create something meaningful that will be shared with Milwaukee County in June to help during this challenging time.
- What do you treasure in your home? Why?
- What are the sounds and colors of your home?
- What area in your home is special to you? What do you like to do there?
- If you could look outside your window and see anything you wish, what would you want to see? Why?
- What makes Milwaukee special? (If not from Milwaukee, what makes your city special?)
- What are the sounds of your neighborhood?
- If you could add something to your neighborhood, what would you add? Why?
- What would you like to tell Milwaukee? (If not from Milwaukee, what would you tell your city?)
Para responder las preguntas en español, llame al 800-220-1822 x6.
- ¿Qué valora en su casa? ¿Por qué?
- ¿Cuáles son los sonidos y colores de su hogar?
- ¿Qué área de su hogar es especial para usted? ¿Qué le gusta hacer ahí?
- Si pudiera mirar por la ventana y ver todo lo que desea, ¿Qué le gustaría ver? ¿Por qué?
- ¿Qué hace que Milwaukee sea especial?
- ¿Cuáles son los sonidos de su vecindario?
- Si usted pudiera agregar algo a su vecindario, ¿Qué agregaría? ¿Por qué?
- ¿Qué le gustaría decirle a la ciudad de Milwaukee?
For more information on this project, please read this article by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
This project is funded by the Greater Milwaukee Foundation, the Institute on Aging at St. John’s On The Lake and the Sheldon and Marianne Lubar Family Foundation.