You are invited to take part in a research study, The Impact of Creative Storytelling on Student Facilitators. Anne Basting, Founder of TimeSlips and a Professor at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, is leading the study.
- You are asked to be in the study because you are taking the TimeSlips online training.
- You can decide whether or not to take part in this study. Even if you join the study, you may stop at any time.
- We are conducting the study to see what impact Creative Storytelling might have on student facilitators.
- This study will not help you, but we hope information from this study will help us learn about how to enhance intergenerational relationships.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THIS STUDY?
- If you decide to take part in this study, we will ask you to answer some questions about your attitudes toward and understanding of aging and dementia, and about your experiences with the TimeSlips’ creative storytelling program.
- Answering these questions will take you about 5 minutes, once before the training, and once when it is complete.
- Your answers will be linked to your name, IP address, and email address, but your information will not be shared with anyone outside the study staff.
- Collection of data and survey responses using the internet involves the same risks that a person would encounter in everyday use of the internet, such as information being unintentionally seen by others.
- Your answers will not be seen by your instructor/teacher.
- Your name or any other identifying information will not be used in any articles or talks.
WHAT IF I HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT THIS STUDY?
If you have questions about the study, feel free to contact Dr. Basting or study team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about your rights as a study participant or want to report any problems or complaints, you can call the the UWM IRB (Institutional Review Board; provides ethics oversight) at 414-229-3173 / email@example.com.