Building community through creative engagement enlivens us, reminds us that we were meant to live in concert with others and inspires us to “think bigger”. Join Anne Basting, Ph.D., in this final session from the July 2020 TimeSlips Virtual CCI where she shares a vision for building communities, especially now, during lockdowns and quarantines.
As part of the Creative Care Institute, artists and educators present on various ideas of how to engage with people remotely, in a time of Covid-19. Presenters include: Gabri Christa, Kari Hanson, Emily Ihara, Katie Avila Loughmiller, Sammy Goodrich and Melita Belgrave
As part of the Creative Care Institute, Andrew Morton and Michael Snowden host an “Engagement Party”!
As part of the Creative Care Institute, Artist/Activist Nicole Garneau Shares, ‘How to Map Out Individual Assets’.
“Why is this work important now?”
Moderated by Kathryn Washington
- Anne Basting PhD; President/Founder of TimeSlips; UWM Faculty; MacArthur Fellow
- Lisa Cooper MD; PhD Public Health; MacArthur Fellow
- Vijay Gupta Los Angeles Philharmonic; TED Senior Fellow; 2017 Kennedy Center Citizen Artist Fellow; Co-Founder, Street Symphony, MacArthur Fellow
- Carmelita Karhoff Project Director, Dementia Inclusive Durham
- Liz Lerman Founder, Dance Exchange; MacArthur Fellow