Terms of Service
Welcome to TimeSlips!
For the terms and conditions related to Beautiful Questions Digital Audio, please click here.
On the timeslips.org website (the “Site”), visitors may view content without registering with the site. Viewers must create a log-in for an account before they can upload or create content in our Creativity Center. When you upload or create content for the site, use of that content is governed by the Public License To Use Works From timeslips.org (the "License") attached below as Appendix A. By acknowledging that you have read and agreed to these Terms of Service, you accept the terms of the License.Timeslips.org is owned by TimeSlips Creative Storytelling Inc. (“TimeSlips”).
1) Your relationship with TimeSlips a) Your use of the Site is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and TimeSlips. This document sets out the terms of that agreement. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to below as the "Terms". The Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and TimeSlips in relation to your use of the Site. It is important that you take the time to read them carefully.
2) Accepting the Terms a) In order to use the Site, you must first agree to the Terms. You may not open an account on the Site if you do not accept the Terms. b) You can accept the Terms by: i) clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where this option is made available to you by TimeSlips in the user interface for the Site; or ii) by actually using the Site. In this case, you understand and agree that TimeSlips will treat your use of the Site as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards. c) Before you continue, you should print off or save a local copy of the Terms for your records.
3) Provision of the Site by TimeSlips a) TimeSlips is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its site visitors. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Site may change from time to time without prior notice to you. b) As part of this continuing innovation, you acknowledge and agree that TimeSlips may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Site (or any features of the Site) to you or to Site visitors generally at TimeSlips's sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Site at any time. You do not need to inform TimeSlips when you stop using the Site. c) You acknowledge and agree that if TimeSlips disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Site, your account details or any files or other content which is contained in your account. d) You acknowledge and agree that while TimeSlips may not currently have set a fixed upper limit on the number of transmissions you may send or receive through the Site or on the amount of storage space used for the provision of any service, such fixed upper limits may be set by TimeSlips at any time, at TimeSlips' discretion.
4) Use of the Site by you a) In order to access the Site, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Site, or as part of your continued use of the Site. You agree that any registration information you give to TimeSlips will always be accurate, correct and up to date. b) You agree to use the Site only for purposes that are permitted by (i) the Terms, (ii) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries) and (iii) the terms of the attached License. c) You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Site (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Site). d) You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that TimeSlips has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which TimeSlips may suffer) of any such breach.
5) Your passwords and account security a) You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Site. b) Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account. c) If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify TimeSlips immediately at Contact Us.
7) Content on the Site a) You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Site is the sole responsibility of the person or institution from which such content originated. All such information is referred to below as the "Content". The Content does not necessarily reflect the view of TimeSlips, and TimeSlips assumes no liability for Content that it did not create and upload. b) You should be aware that Content presented to you as part of the Site may be protected by intellectual property rights which are owned by individuals or institutions who provide that Content to TimeSlips (or by other persons or companies on their behalf). You may not modify, download, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on this Content (either in whole or in part) except as provided for in the License. c) TimeSlips reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all Content from the Site. d) You understand that by using the Site you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Site at your own risk. e) You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that TimeSlips has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any Content that you create, transmit or display while using the Site and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which TimeSlips or any third party may suffer) by doing so. f) You warrant that any Content that is uploaded by you to the Site is original and does not infringe the rights of any third party. You also agree to indemnify TimeSlips for any costs associated with the Content uploaded by you should any of that Content be claimed to infringe the rights of any third party.
8) Proprietary rights a) You acknowledge and agree that TimeSlips (or TimeSlips’ licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Site, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Site (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). b) You affirm that you possess a license to distribute any Content that you submit to, post, transmit or display on or through the Site, and that you make such Content and its presentation on the Site available under the terms of the License attached below as Appendix A to this document. c) Other than the License set forth in Appendix A to this document, TimeSlips acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Site, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with TimeSlips, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that TimeSlips has no obligation to do so on your behalf. d) You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trademark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Site or to any Content you may download or otherwise make use of under the terms of the License. e) Unless you have been expressly authorized to do so in writing by TimeSlips, you agree that in using the Site, you will not use any trademark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
10) License from TimeSlips a) TimeSlips gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by TimeSlips as part of the Site as provided to you by TimeSlips (referred to as the "Software" below). This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of using the Site as provided by TimeSlips, in the manner permitted by the Terms and the License. b) Unless TimeSlips has given you specific written permission to do so, you may not assign (or grant a sub-license of) your rights to use the Software, grant a security interest in or over your rights to use the Software, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights to use the Software.
11) Ending your relationship with TimeSlips a) The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or TimeSlips as set out below. b) If you want to terminate your legal agreement with TimeSlips, you may do so by (i) notifying TimeSlips at any time and (ii) closing your accounts on the Site, where TimeSlips has made this option available to you. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to TimeSlips’ address which is set out at the beginning of these Terms. c) TimeSlips may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if: i) you have breached any provision of the Terms (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Terms); or ii) TimeSlips is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Site to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or iii) TimeSlips chooses to discontinue the Site. d) Nothing in this Section shall affect TimeSlips’ rights regarding provision of the Site under Section 4 of the Terms. e) When these Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and TimeSlips have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of paragraph 16.g shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities. Termination of this agreement does not absolve any party from liability for actions taken in violation of this agreement.
12) Exclusion of warranties a) Nothing in these terms, including sections 12 and 13, shall exclude or limit TimeSlips’ warranty or liability for losses which may not be lawfully excluded or limited by applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation or exclusion of liability for loss or damage caused by negligence, breach of contract or breach of implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, only the limitations which are lawful in your jurisdiction will apply to you and our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. b) You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Site is at your sole risk and that the Site is provided "as is" and "as available." c) In particular, TimeSlips, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors do not represent or warrant to you that: i) your use of the Site will meet your requirements, ii) your use of the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error, iii) any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the Site will be accurate or reliable, and iv) that defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided to you as part of the Site will be corrected. d) Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. e) No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from TimeSlips or through or from the Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms. f) TimeSlips further expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
13) Limitation of liability a) Subject to overall provision in paragraph 12.a above, you expressly understand and agree that TimeSlips, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors shall not be liable to you for: i) any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but not be limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or other intangible loss; ii) any loss or damage which may be incurred by you, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of: (1) any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, or as a result of any relationship or transaction between you and any advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the Site; (2) any changes which TimeSlips may make to the Site, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Site (or any features within the Site); (3) the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the Site; (4) your failure to provide TimeSlips with accurate account information; (5) your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential; b) The limitations on TimeSlips’ liability to you in paragraph 13.a above shall apply whether or not TimeSlips has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
14) Other content a) The Site may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources. TimeSlips may have no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than TimeSlips. b) You acknowledge and agree that TimeSlips is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources. c) You acknowledge and agree that TimeSlips is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
15) Changes to the Terms a) TimeSlips may make changes to the Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, TimeSlips will make a new copy of the Terms available at this URL and from within, or through, the affected Site. b) You understand and agree that if you use the Site after the date on which the Terms have changed, TimeSlips will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms.
16) General legal terms a) Sometimes when you use the Site, you may (as a result of, or through your use of the Site) use a service or download a piece of software, or purchase goods, which are provided by another person or company. Your use of these other services, software or goods may be subject to separate terms between you and the company or person concerned. If so, these Terms do not absolve you of liability for any act or omission arising out of your relationship with these other companies or individuals. b) The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and TimeSlips and govern your use of the Site (but excluding any services which TimeSlips may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and TimeSlips in relation to the Site. c) You agree that TimeSlips may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the Site. All methods of providing notice shall have the same effect. d) You agree that if TimeSlips does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which TimeSlips has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of TimeSlips’ rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to TimeSlips. e) If any court of law having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable. f) The Terms, and your relationship with TimeSlips under the Terms, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You and TimeSlips agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Milwaukee, Wisconsin to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms. Notwithstanding this, you agree that TimeSlips shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
September 19th, 2011
License To Use Works from TimeSlips The work (as defined below) is provided under the terms of this public license ("License"). The work is protected by copyright and/or other applicable law. Any use of the work other than as authorized under this license or copyright law is prohibited. By exercising any rights to the work provided here, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this license. To the extent this License may be considered to be a contract, the licensor grants you the rights contained here in consideration of your acceptance of such terms and conditions.
1. Definitions "Adaptation" means a work based upon the Work, or upon the Work and other pre-existing works, such as a translation, adaptation, derivative work, arrangement of music or other alterations of a literary or artistic work, or phonogram or performance and includes cinematographic adaptations or any other form in which the Work may be recast, transformed, or adapted including in any form recognizably derived from the original, except that a work that constitutes a Collection will not be considered an Adaptation for the purpose of this License. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a musical work, performance or phonogram, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be considered an Adaptation for the purpose of this License. "Collection" means a collection of literary or artistic works, such as encyclopedias and anthologies, or performances, phonograms or broadcasts, or other works or subject matter other than works listed in Section 1(g) below, which, by reason of the selection and arrangement of their contents, constitute intellectual creations, in which the Work is included in its entirety in unmodified form along with one or more other contributions, each constituting separate and independent works in themselves, which together are assembled into a collective whole. A work that constitutes a Collection will not be considered an Adaptation (as defined above) for the purposes of this License. "Distribute" means to make available to the public the original and copies of the Work or Adaptation, as appropriate, through sale or other transfer of ownership. "License Elements" means the following high-level license attributes as selected by Licensor and indicated in the title of this License: Attribution, Noncommercial, ShareAlike. "Licensor" means the individual, individuals, entity or entities that offer(s) the Work under the terms of this License. "Original Author" means, in the case of a literary or artistic work, the individual, individuals, entity or entities who created the Work or if no individual or entity can be identified, the publisher; and in addition (i) in the case of a performance the actors, singers, musicians, dancers, and other persons who act, sing, deliver, declaim, play in, interpret or otherwise perform literary or artistic works or expressions of folklore; (ii) in the case of a phonogram the producer being the person or legal entity who first fixes the sounds of a performance or other sounds; and, (iii) in the case of broadcasts, the organization that transmits the broadcast. "Work" means the literary and/or artistic work offered under the terms of this License including without limitation any production in the literary, scientific and artistic domain, whatever may be the mode or form of its expression including digital form, such as a book, pamphlet and other writing; a lecture, address, sermon or other work of the same nature; a dramatic or dramatico-musical work; a choreographic work or entertainment in dumb show; a musical composition with or without words; a cinematographic work to which are assimilated works expressed by a process analogous to cinematography; a work of drawing, painting, architecture, sculpture, engraving or lithography; a photographic work to which are assimilated works expressed by a process analogous to photography; a work of applied art; an illustration, map, plan, sketch or three-dimensional work relative to geography, topography, architecture or science; a performance; a broadcast; a phonogram; a compilation of data to the extent it is protected as a copyrightable work; or a work performed by a variety or circus performer to the extent it is not otherwise considered a literary or artistic work. "You" means an individual or entity exercising rights under this License. "Publicly Perform" means to perform public recitations of the Work and to communicate to the public those public recitations, by any means or process, including by wire or wireless means or public digital performances; to make available to the public Works in such a way that members of the public may access these Works from a place and at a place individually chosen by them; to perform the Work to the public by any means or process and the communication to the public of the performances of the Work, including by public digital performance; to broadcast and rebroadcast the Work by any means including signs, sounds or images. "Reproduce" means to make copies of the Work by any means including without limitation by sound or visual recordings and the right of fixation and reproducing fixations of the Work, including storage of a protected performance or phonogram in digital form or other electronic medium.
2. Fair Dealing Rights. Nothing in this License is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any uses free from copyright or rights arising from limitations or exceptions that are provided for in connection with the copyright protection under copyright law or other applicable laws.
3. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below: a. to Reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collections, and to Reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collections; b. to create and Reproduce Adaptations provided that any such Adaptation, including any translation in any medium, takes reasonable steps to clearly label, demarcate or otherwise identify that changes were made to the original Work. For example, a translation could be marked "The original work was translated from English to Spanish," or a modification could indicate "The original work has been modified."; c. to Distribute and Publicly Perform the Work including as incorporated in Collections; and, d. to Distribute and Publicly Perform Adaptations. The above rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. The above rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media and formats. Subject to Section 8(f), all rights not expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved, including but not limited to the rights described in Section 4(e).
4. Restrictions. The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following restrictions: a. You may Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work only under the terms of this License. You must include a copy of this License with every copy of the Work You Distribute or Publicly Perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Work that restrict the terms of this License or the ability of the recipient of the Work to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License. You may not sublicense the Work. You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties with every copy of the Work You Distribute or Publicly Perform. When You Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work, You may not impose any effective technological measures on the Work that restrict the ability of a recipient of the Work from You to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License. This Section 4(a) applies to the Work as incorporated in a Collection, but this does not require the Collection apart from the Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License. If You create a Collection, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Collection any credit as required by Section 4(d), as requested. If You create an Adaptation, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Adaptation any credit as required by Section 4(d), as requested. b. You may Distribute or Publicly Perform an Adaptation only under: (i) the terms of this License; (ii) a later version of this License with the same License Elements as this License. You must include a copy of the License with every copy of each Adaptation You Distribute or Publicly Perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Adaptation that restrict the terms of the Applicable License or the ability of the recipient of the Adaptation to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the Applicable License. You must keep intact all notices that refer to the Applicable License and to the disclaimer of warranties with every copy of the Work as included in the Adaptation You Distribute or Publicly Perform. When You Distribute or Publicly Perform the Adaptation, You may not impose any effective technological measures on the Adaptation that restrict the ability of a recipient of the Adaptation from You to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the Applicable License. This Section 4(b) applies to the Adaptation as incorporated in a Collection, but this does not require the Collection apart from the Adaptation itself to be made subject to the terms of the Applicable License. c. You may not exercise any of the rights granted to You in Section 3 above in any manner that is primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation. The exchange of the Work for other copyrighted works by means of digital file-sharing or otherwise shall not be considered to be intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation, provided there is no payment of any monetary compensation in connection with the exchange of copyrighted works. d. If You Distribute, or Publicly Perform the Work or any Adaptations or Collections, You must, unless a request has been made pursuant to Section 4(a), keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and provide, reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing: (i) the name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if supplied, and/or if the Original Author and/or Licensor designate another party or parties (e.g., a sponsor institute, publishing entity, journal) for attribution ("Attribution Parties") in Licensor's copyright notice, terms of service or by other reasonable means, the name of such party or parties; (ii) the title of the Work if supplied; (iii) to the extent reasonably practicable, the URI, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work; and, (iv) consistent with Section 3(b), in the case of an Adaptation, a credit identifying the use of the Work in the Adaptation (e.g., "French translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay based on original Work by Original Author"). The credit required by this Section 4(d) may be implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case of a Adaptation or Collection, at a minimum such credit will appear, if a credit for all contributing authors of the Adaptation or Collection appears, then as part of these credits and in a manner at least as prominent as the credits for the other contributing authors. For the avoidance of doubt, You may only use the credit required by this Section for the purpose of attribution in the manner set out above and, by exercising Your rights under this License, You may not implicitly or explicitly assert or imply any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by the Original Author, Licensor and/or Attribution Parties, as appropriate, of You or Your use of the Work, without the separate, express prior written permission of the Original Author, Licensor and/or Attribution Parties. e. For the avoidance of doubt: i. Non-waivable Compulsory License Schemes. In those jurisdictions in which the right to collect royalties through any statutory or compulsory licensing scheme cannot be waived, the Licensor reserves the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise by You of the rights granted under this License; ii. Waivable Compulsory License Schemes. In those jurisdictions in which the right to collect royalties through any statutory or compulsory licensing scheme can be waived, the Licensor reserves the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise by You of the rights granted under this License if Your exercise of such rights is for a purpose or use which is otherwise than noncommercial as permitted under Section 4(c) and otherwise waives the right to collect royalties through any statutory or compulsory licensing scheme; and, iii. Voluntary License Schemes. The Licensor reserves the right to collect royalties, whether individually or, in the event that the Licensor is a member of a collecting society that administers voluntary licensing schemes, via that society, from any exercise by You of the rights granted under this License that is for a purpose or use which is otherwise than noncommercial as permitted under Section 4(c). f. Licensor agrees that in those jurisdictions (e.g. Japan), in which any exercise of the right granted in Section 3(b) of this License (the right to make Adaptations) would be deemed to be a distortion, mutilation, modification or other derogatory action prejudicial to the Original Author's honor and reputation, the Licensor will waive or not assert, as appropriate, this Section, to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable national law, to enable You to reasonably exercise Your right under Section 3(b) of this License (right to make Adaptations) but not otherwise.
5. Representations, Warranties and Disclaimer Unless otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties in writing and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, licensor offers the work as-is and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the work, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement, or the absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence of absence of errors, whether or not discoverable. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so this exclusion may not apply to you.
6. Limitation on Liability. Except to the extent required by applicable law, in no event will licensor be liable to you on any legal theory for any special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages arising out of this license or the use of the work, even if licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. Termination a. This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the terms of this License. Individuals or entities who have received Adaptations or Collections from You under this License, however, will not have their licenses terminated provided such individuals or entities remain in full compliance with those licenses. Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will survive any termination of this License. b. Subject to the above terms and conditions, the license granted here is for the life of timeslips.org. TimeSlips has the right to revoke the license at any time for any reason. Notwithstanding the above, Licensor reserves the right to release the Work under different license terms or to stop distributing the Work at any time; provided, however that any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
8. Miscellaneous a. Each time you distribute or publicly perform the work or a collection, the Licensor offers to the recipient/viewer of the Work a license to the Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License. b. Each time You Distribute or Publicly Perform an Adaptation, Licensor offers to the recipient/viewer of the Work a license to the original Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License. c. If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and without further action by the parties to this agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable. d. No term or provision of this License shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent. e. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Work licensed here. There are no understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Work not specified here. Licensor shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from You. This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and You. f. The rights granted under, and the subject matter referenced, in this License were drafted utilizing the terminology of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (as amended on September 28, 1979), the Rome Convention of 1961, the WIPO Copyright Treaty of 1996, the WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty of 1996 and the Universal Copyright Convention (as revised on July 24, 1971). These rights and subject matter take effect in the relevant jurisdiction in which the License terms are sought to be enforced according to the corresponding provisions of the implementation of those treaty provisions in the applicable national law. If the standard suite of rights granted under applicable copyright law includes additional rights not granted under this License, such additional rights are deemed to be included in the License; this License is not intended to restrict the license of any rights under applicable law.
9. NOTICE This license was adapted from legal code language used in the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license. Neither Creative Commons nor TimeSlips are law firms. Distribution of this license does not create an attorney-client relationship. Creative Commons and TimeSlips provides this information on an "as-is" basis. Neither Creative Commons nor TimeSlips make any warranties regarding the information provided, and disclaim liability for damages resulting from its use.