1) Individual training and certification in our classic creative storytelling approach
2) Organizational training in building Creative Communities of Care
3) Our 3-day intensive Create/Change: transforming care for elders through creative engagement (May 22nd-24th 2017, in Phoenix this time!)
4) Consulting/Custom Services
1) Individual Certification
Online Certification in creative storytelling technique - ideal for:
- Care staff at all levels
- Students/Volunteers (discounted rate)
- Family Caregivers (free)
- Museum/Library educators
Our online training teaches:
- The meaning and value of creative engagement
- An introduction to dementia and person-centered care
- Improvisational Storytelling in detail
- Models for storytelling projects
Online Certification is approx. 10 contact hours
- 4 hours (stop/start) on 5 modules
- 3 x 1 hour practice sessions
- 2 to 3 hours of self-evaluation and online exchange with a Master Trainer
- Includes 13 videos, digital Manual and Storykit with 50 full-size images
- COST: $249 for Training/Certification.
- SCHOLARSHIPS and DISCOUNTS: We offer Family Caregiver Scholarships and Student Discounts. See below for details.
- BULK RATES: Email us for a discount code for those ordering 5 or more individual trainings.
Online Training for High School and College Classrooms
- Online Training can be embedded into college courses at a deeply discounted rate.
- We've arranged classroom trainings for a wide range of disciplines, including psychology, theater, medicine, nursing, social work, and recreational and occupational therapy.
- COST: $29 for Training Only - does NOT include Certification review by a Master Trainer. Certification is available to students separately for $99.
- PROCESS: Ask your Instructor to email us (email@example.com) with
-college/school and program name
-course name and number
-number of students taking the training
-we will provide your instructor with discount codes for you/your class
Family Caregiver Scholarships
We offer free online training to family and friends who are caring for a loved one with memory loss at home.
PROCESS: Contact one of your local aging support service agencies and ask them to nominate you for a scholarship.
This entails sending us an email with the following information:
- name, title, and agency of nominator
- name and email of nominee
- 200 words or less describing how the TimeSlips training will be helpful to the nominee.
If your scholarship application is approved, we will send an email to you and your nominator with information on how to access training. Note: we use this process simply to ensure that family caregivers have a connection to a support system other than us!
2) Creative Community of Care (Organizational Training)
Make your organization a CREATIVE COMMUNITY OF CARE.
This training infuses creative engagement into everyday care relationships; individualized activities; and community building projects. It includes:
- In-service training on Creative Connections in Everyday Relationships
- Training in the TimeSlips classic Creative Storytelling approach
- 10 elegantly designed Creativity Journals (ideal for one-on-one use)
- Webinars in Implementation of Programs; Designing Projects; and Evaluating progress
- Consulting with TS Master Trainers to design your own community-building project
3) OUR THREE-DAY INTENSIVE CREATE/CHANGE
We offer this in Milwaukee every other year and are now starting to offer it around the country! In 2017, we'll be holding it in Phoenix, May 22-24. Interested? Let us know and we'll add you to an email list for notification when registration opens (est. end of January).
We have designed creative, community-building projects for a range of organizations and systems, including Meals on Wheels, home care, museums, libraries, higher education, senior housing, and traditional aging services organizations. Let us know how we can help you foster meaningful connections and build community through creativity.