We offer two types of training:
1) Individual training and certification in creative storytelling
2) Organizational training in Building Creative Communities of Care
available during the year or in our intensive Summer Institute (for individuals or organizations).
1) Individual Certification
We offer online Certification in our core creative storytelling technique, ideal for:
- Care staff at all levels
- Students/Volunteers (discounted rate)
- Family Caregivers (free)
- Museum/Library educators
Our online training teaches:
- The meaning and value of creative engagement
- An introduction to dementia and person-centered care
- Improvisational Storytelling in detail
- Models for story projects
Online Certification is approx. 10 contact hours
- 4 hours (stop/start) on 5 modules
- 3 x 1 hour practice sessions
- 2 to 3 hours of self-evaluation and online exchange with a Master Trainer
- Includes 13 videos, digital Manual and Storykit with 50 full-size images
- COST: $249 for Training/Certification.
- SCHOLARSHIPS and DISCOUNTS: We offer Family Caregiver Scholarships and Student Discounts. See below for details.
- BULK RATES: Email us for a discount code for those ordering 5 or more individual trainings.
Online Training for High School and College Classrooms
- Online Training can be embedded into college courses at a deeply discounted rate.
- We've arranged classroom trainings for a wide range of disciplines, including psychology, theater, medicine, nursing, social work, and recreational and occupational therapy.
- COST: $29 for Training Only - does NOT include Certification review by a Master Trainer. Certification is available to students separately for $99.
- PROCESS: Ask your Instructor to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with
-college/school and program name
-course name and number
-number of students taking the training
-we will provide your instructor with discount codes for you/your class
Family Caregiver Scholarships
We offer free online training to family and friends who are caring for a loved one with memory loss at home.
PROCESS: Contact one of your local aging support service agencies and ask them to nominate you for a scholarship.
This entails sending us an email with the following information:
- name, title, and agency of nominator
- name and email of nominee
- 200 words or less describing how the TimeSlips training will be helpful to the nominee.
If your scholarship application is approved, we will send an email to you and your nominator with information on how to access training.
2) Creative Community of Care (Organizational Training)
Make your organization a CREATIVE COMMUNITY OF CARE.
This training infuses creative engagement into everyday care relationships; individualized activities; and community building projects. It includes:
- In-service training on Creative Connections in Everyday Care
- Training in the TimeSlips Improvisational Storytelling method
- 10 Creativity Journals (ideal for one-on-one use)
- Webinars in Implementation of Programs; Designing Projects; and Evaluating progress
- Consulting with TS Master Trainers to build a sustainable, creative community of care