What is TimeSlips Membership?
March 17, 2022
To watch our recent webinar about our new Membership, Click Here!
TimeSlips membership will continue to provide its evidence-based training, but now will be adding professional development opportunities and new resources for creative caregiving. There will be ways to connect with TimeSlips Certified Trainers and other members in new ways.. Different levels of membership can fit any need and budget. More information for both Individual Memberships and Organizational Memberships are below.
Please note that if you previously purchased individual or organizational training, you will be considered an All Access Level Member through April 15, 2022 so you may explore the added benefits. If you’d like to keep your status as an All Access Member, you’ll be asked to renew your membership (see details below). If you do not wish to renew, you’ll still have access to our Basic Level Membership for free.
Individuals practicing the TimeSlips method as Certified Facilitators have paved the way for the creative care revolution from the far-reaching corners of 49 states and 23 countries across the globe. Support through the membership program will include ready-made enrichment and professional development activities and access to online resources of all kinds.
What is included in the Individual Membership Levels?
- Access to TimeSlips “Friends & Family” training and Engagement Party guides
- Access to up to 20 of TimeSlips’ visual prompts in the online Creativity Center.
- Monthly newsletters and the “Weekly Dose of Creative Care” emails with new visual or question prompts each week
- Access to select webinars from the TimeSlips archive
All Access Level
Renewals after one year: $90
All benefits listed above, plus:
- Access to the complete, evidence-based training including certification, as well as coaching with an experienced TimeSlips Certified Trainer
- Annual consultation with TimeSlips Staff member
- Full access to a set of more than 100 creative prompts through TimeSlips’ online Creativity Center to help support your practice
- Professional development opportunities through a regular webinar series, including access to “Ask Me Anything” sessions with TimeSlips founder, Anne Basting, PhD
- Priority access to new webinars with access to all webinars from our archive
- Ready-made curricula for programming
- Promotion as a TimeSlips Certified Facilitator on the TimeSlips website & permission to use the TimeSlips logo on your marketing materials
- Support materials like standard information for grant applications, branded, one-page explainers about TimeSlips, and more
What Level is right for me?
The resources available to you through the basic level of membership will support one-on-one engagement and are meant for people who interact with people living with cognitive differences in a more personal, less professional way, like friends and family care partners.
The All Access level of membership is for those who wish to more deeply understand the TimeSlips methodology through core training and coaching with a TimeSlips Certified Trainer. All Access members will receive content and support from experts in the field to support their continued professional growth. Please note that certification can be obtained through completion of all training and coaching steps included in this level.
Organizational Membership provides training and staff support, professional development opportunities for staff within the member organization, and promotional and marketing opportunities for the organization.
The three types of organizational membership – Basic, All Access, and Creative Campus – provide similar training for different organization sizes. A standard benefit of TimeSlips Organizational Membership is customized consultation provided by an experienced TimeSlips staff member who has experience working with organizations of all sizes. TimeSlips will work toward the goals you determine, and help you infuse creativity into new and existing programming, whether it be for in-person or remote engagement. With each renewed membership, your consultation hours renew, allowing for ongoing growth and development.
Organizational membership is great for:
- Long-term Care Communities – training staff and volunteers in creative engagement techniques that support elders and staff alike.
- Nonprofit and Governmental Senior Service Agencies – training staff and volunteers who offer well-check calls or companion visits to creatively engage elders with a range of abilities
- Community Service Providers – embedding creative engagement through meal delivery and phone-based well-checks.
- Arts Organizations or Museums – implementing additional accessible programming that is inspired by the art you are presenting in your community.
- Campuses and Educational Settings – increase your offerings for in-person and remote service learning. Note that campuses receive all benefits offered at the All Access level for the cost of a Basic Level Membership.
Membership Levels at a glance:
Q: What if I am already a Certified Facilitator?
You have access to the Individual All-Access Membership through April 15th, 2022 or one year from your purchase date, whichever is later. If you enjoy those added features, you may become a member at the annual renewal rate of $90. If you do not want to renew at that time, you will have access to the Basic Membership for free.
Q: I’m a family member/carer/care partner. Do I need to pay for a membership?
That is totally up to you! Individuals like yourself can join our Basic Membership for free, which has many tools. We have a robust Friends and Family program that debuted November 2020 specifically to honor the needs without certification. The All Access Membership can help you learn more about the TimeSlips methodology so that you may learn to adapt it for use anytime anywhere with your care partner. It will provide you with new tools to engage your partner and the training will support your growth if you want to facilitate groups like memory cafes or TimeSlips sessions at your local library or community center.
Q: Why is TimeSlips converting to a membership program?
For two primary reasons: it was logistically challenging to re-certify our facilitators every two years and we listened and learned about what our community really wants and needs. TimeSlips still has the same training as always! BUT: the membership ensures that people who are hiring a TimeSlips facilitator know that facilitator is actively engaged with the latest training, coaching and creative tools and membership provides a supportive community and ongoing resources beyond the training to support the development of your overall creative engagement practice.